For creating my poem the first step I did was create a brainstorm pager were all I did was write down everything from the interview. Before I started writing the poem I knew I wanted to use my own format; I wanted to make it abstract yet personable. In this poem I wanted to keep my subjects identity hidden, because I knew if I started with his name others would make bias decisions. I also made multiple first drafts and tried out different styles before I choose my style.
I found the interview very necessary, because I was allowed to ask my interview-y specific questions about his life and ask what he wanted to hear in a poem. I did take some life events an insert them in his poem; I did this so when he would read it he would know that I was listening. I did however had to conduct multiply interviews so I could make his poem more "him". My first few drafts were a little to abstract and to broad. I was using some senses but not all. Making bullet points during the interview really helped; when I revisited my notebook and saw all my quick notes it jogged my memories. I would defiantly take my notebook to another interview. In the end I also took my poem completely apart, line by line, and I changed the lines that were not specific. I think that method really improved my overall poem.
The most helpful feed back I got was when Dr. P and Javier looked at my poem and told me everything they did and didn't like. Dr. P really opened my eyes to how broad my lines were and that helped me take a step back and revise. I also loved when we were forced to change poems with are partners and have them read annotate it. So, my partner read the poem and each line had to be highlighted in a color that meant something. For example, green meant he liked it, blue meant it didn't really sound like him, and pink for it could be multiply people. I liked this way of revision because I really got to see what my partner thought if his poem.